What is this?
Our counselling service involves talking to a trained professional about your thoughts, feelings and behaviours. There are many different types of talking therapies, but they all aim to:
- give you a safe time and place to talk to someone who won’t judge you.
- help you make sense of things and understand yourself better.
- help you resolve complicated feelings, or find ways to live with them.
- help you recognise unhelpful patterns in the way you think or act, and find ways to change them (if you want to).
Who is the counselling service for?
Our counselling service is only available to people over the age of 18, who are currently living in the Ystradgynlais and surrounding areas.
How does it help?
Counselling can help you manage and cope with:
- Difficult life events, such as bereavement (losing someone close to you), or losing your job.
- Relationship problems.
- Upsetting or traumatic experiences, whether it’s something recent or something that happened a long time ago.
- Difficult emotions, such as grief, guilt, sadness, confusion, anger and low self-esteem.
- Depression and anxiety.
- Other mental health problems.
- Talking therapies can help with a range of diagnoses, and specific talking treatments have been developed for some mental health problems.
- Long-term physical health problems.